Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"recipe"


I use the term lightly. My husband thinks this is the weirdest thing, but I know there are people out there who would appreciate it!

Cauliflower "Rice"
I'm in no way implying that I created this dish. I'm sure 10 million people before me have done this, but I'm putting it here as if it's my own.

1 head of cauliflower

Steam cauliflower for 20 minutes (or so). You want the cauliflower to be firm still, but not raw.

I then put it in my Kitchenaid, on the lowest setting, with the paddle attachment and give it a whirl. It grinds it almost into pieces that look exactly like rice. You want to watch it and make sure it doesn't get TOO small, as it can whip into mashed potato-like consistency (which is delicious in its own right, but we're talking rice here people. That's for another day).

I had stirfry over it and it was delicious! I nice alternative if you're trying to cut calories in areas, or following a low-carb diet and don't eat rice. It's so simple, and honestly tastes delicious!

I'm not one for substitutions unless it's a food that I couldn't really care about, i.e., rice. I like rice, but I'd much rather have dessert later and save on these calories. Some foods are in the "worth it" category, and substitutions are just NOT worth it. But in this case? It is.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea! I'm going to have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete