Friday, March 5, 2010

"breakfast", lunch and... I'm off!

I could not get hungry for breakfast this morning. Perhaps it was the three substantial snacks I had last night between 9 and 10? Most likely.

I finally made a smoothie around 9:30 because I knew I wanted to go to the gym later, and I knew I needed some fuel for that.

It was delicious! All those makings create one great smoothie. I even tried the salba we got at the PriorFatGirl get-together, and it was... ok? I really have no idea! You couldn't taste it at all. But I loved the nutritional panel, so I thought it was worth a try at least.

Just before the gym I wanted something else. Just... something. No idea what, but something delicious. Enter AB and J on toast! It was perfect. I love the Trader Joe's 40 calorie bread for quick fixes like these. On an every day basis I don't use it (it has a much longer list of ingredients than I typically like, and there are definitely better breads out there!), but sometimes you just need a vehicle for the PB and J taste (or AB and J, as this was). I keep a loaf in the freezer for just such an occasion! I almost forgot to take a picture, that's why you see the one bite I had left :)

A quick workout at the gym (15 minutes stairclimber + 15 minutes Arc Trainer + 20 minutesish lifting and abs) and I was back home before I knew it. Love that. I really wasn't in the mood at all to go, but I started visualizing the rest of my day if I didn't go; I'd probably feel guilty, bloated, and miserable. So I went, and never regretted it. You never regret a workout. My favorite motto!

Lunch was also quick. Not sure what's with all the speed today, but apparently I've got better things to do! I had a leftover Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken Patty (can you tell where I shop?) and I made a wrap out of it on a Flatout wrap with spinach, feta, BBQ sauce, pickle and taco sauce. It hit the spot. Carrots, cukes and hummus on the side, of course.

Taking pictures of what I've eaten has already saved me from a lot of mindless snacking. I'm trying to reign this in; I've definitely noticed more handfuls of crackers as I'm walking by, handfuls of nuts, that sort of thing. I think I might have to keep this up for awhile and see just what sort of magic happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment