Tuesday, March 2, 2010

and so it began!

Day one, and I'm still excited. Or maybe it's day two? Either way, this is great. I even took a picture of breakfast! This will likely not happen every day, but I'm going to ride this blogging-high while I've got it and take advantage :) Plus I actually had time to sit down and EAT breakfast today, which was well received. Typically I'm at the gym right now, but I could NOT sleep last night! I think it was a full moon? Gah, anyway. I took the morning off the gym for the extra sleep, and hopefully I'll go later. It's times like these I really have to let that inner monster down and not beat myself up for missing the gym. I know I needed the extra sleep, and my day will be so much better because of it. But there's still that something inside of me, that inner fat girl, saying that I'll gain all the weight back in some miraculous event because I missed this one gym day. Today, I'm rational. Some days, I actually believe that, and it would ruin my day.

On to more delicious things....










That there is 1/2 cup leftover brown rice, 1/4 oat bran, 1/2 cupish pumpkin, cooked in 1/2 cup Almond Breeze, 1 cup water, with spices and vanilla. Toppings? Oh yes, the best part! Dried cranberries, walnuts, and flaxseed. I tried to use some of the Salba we got at the PriorFatGirl event, but I couldn't for the life of me open it! So maybe for tomorrow.

When I was in Ireland, NOTHING went to waste. And they didn't have a microwave (i.e., hippies), so everything was made into leftovers. Whatever grain we had the night before was tossed in with the oatmeal, and it was so good! I still do that from time to time if I have a leftover grain that I won't use for other meals in the week. It bulks it up, and brown rice has a nice chew, if you're a texture eater.

Happy Tuesday, enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH FOR PICTURES!!!

    Too bad you couldn't get the Salba opened. I haven't yet tried it either. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete